Producing a funny wedding speech is a challenging experience but we have put together a list of articles and steps to ensure you have guests in stitches (without the aid of violence).
Here is our summary to a successfully humorous wedding speech:
- It’s important when introducing jokes to a speech that you don’t offend anyone, keep them light hearted and clean, remember, there could be children there.
- When introducing a poem remember to kept it short, you don’t need to read the full thing people will lose interest and the day is long enough. Reading a few lines from a poem can sometimes just be enough.
- “On your joyful wedding day, you begin a brand new life. Friends and family give their gifts
- to joyful husband, blissful wife”. This is part of a poem written by Joanna Fuchs. Using just this verse is perfect it’s short, to the point and covers exactly what it needs to.
- “A happy marriage is a matter of give and take; the husband gives and the wife takes.” Every married man in the room will agree with this. It’s light hearted and pokes a little fun and it doesn’t insult
- Using a quote from someone can also help; it gives the guests something to relate to, just don’t make it too cheesy.
Using quotes gives a sentimental heart-warming feeling to your guests without overdoing the cheesiness.
Just remember if you do choose to incorporate any of these into your speech, make it your own and be natural, you will know what suits the couple.
Our articles include a number of examples to help get you the right track and deliver a show stealing speech. Good Luck!